Reinstall, private Piped
On 06/11/2023, another server reinstall (creating a new VPS moving all data from the old) is planned. Reasons are:
- block of the IP address by YouTube
- architecture that is not so comfortable to administrate
I’ll try to provide the maximal services uptime, the old and the new VPSes will work in parallel until the data is fully moved and checked.
Distro won’t change, it’s Alpine Linux Virtual. But software will be compiled on my home PC, not on the server, because it was very uneffective and was overloading the active server.
qemu-guest-agentwon’t be installed: it is recommended by Timeweb (hosting provider) for remote management from the web panel, but, considering all its wide functional, it’s some kind of backdoor.
- For most domains, Cloudflare proxy will be disabled.
- TLS certificates by Let’s Encrypt will be used.
Publicity / invite-only:
- An access to Piped is given only upon your request, because the server can’t handle the current load due to, in particular, Java optimization issues.
- Invidious stays public, but registration is disabled.
- As before, access to Shlink, SFTPGo and mail server is given by request.
- You can contact me via email or via telegram; write me what service you want to request access to, and what username you want to take for your account.